Planned Giving Opportunities
While a planned gift to The Children’s Home Society of New Jersey will help ensure the continuation of services to at-risk infants and children and may further your own financial goals, we recommend that you consult with your own tax or legal adviser prior to making such a gift. Different types of planned giving instruments you may use to make a gift to The Children’s Home Society of New Jersey include bequests, life insurance, and appreciated securities.
You can make a significant gift through a bequest in one of four ways: You can make a significant gift through a bequest in one of four ways:
- Designating a specific amount (this gives you the opportunity to determine the exact size of your gift)
- Designating a specific property (you may wish to leave a particular piece of real estate or personal property to CHS). Designating a percentage of your estate (through this method you can provide for a gift that will adjust with your estate's growth or decline)
- Designating all or a part of what remains of your estate after all costs, taxes, and other bequests are made
- You can donate an existing policy to The Children's Home Society of New Jersey. (As long as the rights of ownership are transferred, you will receive an income tax deduction roughly equal to the cash surrender value of the policy.)
- You can give a new policy to The Children's Home Society of New Jersey. (By paying the annual premium, you receive an income tax reduction for your gift while guaranteeing that CHS will receive a significant donation upon your death.)
- You can name The Children's Home Society of New Jersey as your successor beneficiary. (CHS would receive the death benefit in the event your original beneficiary dies before you)
For more information about planned giving or other donation inquiries, please contact our Development Office at (609) 695-6274, Ext. 161.