Our certified SHIP councilors are available to help anytime between Monday – Friday. Call 609.273.0588 to schedule your appointment today!
MERCER COUNTY SHIP OFFICE NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER
609-695-6274 ext. 215
REMEMBER: Medicare Open Enrollment October 15-December 7th
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
SHIP is a statewide program sponsored by the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Aging Services, supported in part by a grant from the U.S. Administration for Community Living (ACL), Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C.
The SHIP provides FREE, objective, confidential help to New Jersey Medicare beneficiaries who have problems with, or questions about, Medicare, Medigap, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Part D and Long-Term Care insurance.
Experienced counselors do not provide legal advice, sell, recommend or endorse any specific insurance product, agent, or insurance company. Counselors provide information and assistance so that YOU can make your own educated decisions.
Here are some helpful links
- How to Create a MY Medicare Account
- Understanding Your Medicare Choices
- Who are NJ SHIP Counselors? Starring our very own volunteers from Burlington, Camden, Middlesex, Mercer , Morris, Passaic and Union Counties!
- Intro to NJ SHIP- types of help provided by SHIP NJ SHIP video
Please complete the form below to register
Certified SHIP counselors are available at locations across Mercer County.
SHIP COUNSELORS READY TO HELP YOU
SHIP Counselors are ready and willing to help you answer the following questions:
- What is the difference between Original Medicare and the Medicare Advantage plans?
- What do I need to know about Medicare Prescription Drug coverage (Part D) and how do I choose a plan?
- What are the “gaps” in Original Medicare coverage? How do I fill them?
- What do I do if Medicare denies payment for a claim?
- Are programs available to help me pay for my Medicare and prescription costs? How do I get help applying for these programs?
- Does Medicare pay for nursing home care?
- What are the different Medicare plans?
- What is Long-Term Care insurance?
Finding the costs of Medicare higher than expected?
- Are you a New Jersey resident?
- Are you aged 65 or older or between the ages of 18 and 64 and receiving Social Security Disability benefits?
- Is your gross monthly income (before any deductions or costs) less than $3,613 if you are single, or less than $3,689 as a couple if you are married?
Then you may be eligible for one or more programs to help with your Medicare costs. New Jersey has several programs to help you save on prescription medications and Medicare Part B premiums even if you are not eligible for Medicaid.
Contact the Mercer County SHIP team for a confidential discussion, more information on eligibility criteria and for assistance completing an application.
To get answers to these questions and more, call 609-695-6274 Ext 215