MERCER COUNTY SHIP OFFICE NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER
609-695-6274 ext. 215
REMEMBER: Medicare Open Enrollment October 15-December 7th
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
SHIP is a statewide program sponsored by the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Aging Services, supported in part by a grant from the U.S. Administration for Community Living (ACL), Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C.
The SHIP provides FREE, objective, confidential help to New Jersey Medicare beneficiaries who have problems with, or questions about, Medicare, Medigap, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Part D and Long-Term Care insurance.
Experienced counselors do not provide legal advice, sell, recommend or endorse any specific insurance product, agent, or insurance company. Counselors provide information and assistance so that YOU can make your own educated decisions.
Certified SHIP counselors are available at locations across Mercer County.
SHIP COUNSELORS READY TO HELP YOU
SHIP Counselors are ready and willing to help you answer the following questions:
- What is the difference between Original Medicare and the Medicare Advantage plans?
- What do I need to know about Medicare Prescription Drug coverage (Part D) and how do I choose a plan?
- What are the “gaps” in Original Medicare coverage? How do I fill them?
- What do I do if Medicare denies payment for a claim?
- Are programs available to help me pay for my Medicare and prescription costs? How do I get help applying for these programs?
- Does Medicare pay for nursing home care?
- What are the different Medicare plans?
- What is Long-Term Care insurance?
To get answers to these questions and more, call 609-695-6274 Ext 215