CHSofNJ Mercer WIC Program
ATTENTION WIC FAMILIES! Due to construction at the Hamilton Township Department of Health Offices, our Hamilton Office will be TEMPORARILY MOVED to the McManimon Building, located at 320 Scully Avenue (just off of Olden Avenue, between Liberty Street and Cedar Lane, opposite the Olden Pharmacy) for appointments scheduled on FEBRUARY 19th AND 26th. For more information, please call 609-498-7755.
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
New Jersey WIC Services provides supplemental nutritious foods to pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children up to the age of five. WIC services include nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding promotion and support, immunization screening and health care referrals. Enrollment is open to all eligible applicants. More information is available here: NJ Gov WIC.
WIC is an income-based nutrition program for pregnant women and women who recently had a baby, infants, and children up to the age of five. WIC offers:
- nutrition education
- breastfeeding education and support
- checks for free nutritious food
- health care referrals
- voter registration
To view the WIC national breastfeeding week proclamation click here.
Click here to view our USDA Nondiscrimination Statements
For more information please call (609) 498-7755 or visit 416 Bellevue Avenue Trenton, New Jersey 08618
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 10:30 AM – 7:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (by appointment only)
Saturday(2nd and/or 3rd): 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM (by appointment only)
- Pregnant (up to six weeks after delivery)
- Postpartum (up to six months after delivery)
- Breastfeeding (up to one year if you continue breast feeding)
- An infant
- A child under five years old
- Have a nutrition or medically related health risk
- Live in New Jersey (proof of residency required)
- Meet income guidelines (proof of income required) WIC income eligibility requirements are located here: WIC Program Info
Please call the WIC office at (609) 498-7755 for an appointment. Follow the instructions below for what to bring to your appointment.
What Do I Need to Bring to My Appointment? For your first appointment and all recertification appointments, please bring all of the following:
- every woman, infant, or child applying for the program
- your Medicaid or Families First cards, if you have either
- proof of household income no more than 30 days old (includes paystubs, unemployment; Social Security; disability, child support, alimony, etc.)
- proof of address in your name, no more than 30 days old (a letter mailed to you, a utility bill, your lease, etc.)
- proof of identity for each person who applying for WIC (WIC ID folder, driver's license, crib card, social security card, or birth certificate)
- your children’s immunization records!
- your child reaches 5 years of age
- you stop breastfeeding and your baby is 6 months or older
- your family income exceeds WIC limits
- you do not recertify after your current eligibility period expires
- You may be disqualified (terminated) if you:
- enroll in more than 1 WIC program or clinic at the same time, including those in Pennsylvania, New York, or Delaware
- give false information about your income, family size, residence, etc.
- steal WIC checks
- physically or verbally abuse or threaten a WIC staff or store employee
- use WIC checks to buy foods that are not authorized
- sell WIC checks or WIC food to others
- take cash or credit for WIC checks instead of buying authorized foods;
- spend or try to spend checks you reported as lost or stolen;
- make any changes on your checks, like alter the date or food amount
- exchange WIC formula or food for other brands
- spend checks before or after the dates listed on them
- let someone other than your Proxy or Alternate Authorized Representative use your checks or WIC ID
- spend your checks at a store that is not authorized to cash your checks
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (check pick-ups only)
Mercer WIC Satellite Offices offer appointments on scheduled days and times in the following towns:
East Windsor · Hamilton · Princeton · Trenton
No drop-in appointments are available at satellite offices.
Call (609) 498-7755 for an appointment.
Breast Feeding in the Workplace Resources
Health & Social Service Support Agencies in the Mercer County Area
A checklist for what you will need for your first WIC appointment(or if you’re re-certifying)
Call (609) 498-7755 for an appointment.