Birth Parents & Pregnancy Services
FREE PREGNANCY HELPLINE 1-800-CHSofNJ (1-800-247-6365) – OUR COUNSELORS ARE AVAILABLE 24/7
CALL NOW! We are here to help you.
Being pregnant may have you scared and confused. You are not alone. The Children’s Home Society of NJ will help you and support you. We offer pregnancy options counseling and placement options counseling, including parenting, placement with relatives and placement with an adoptive family.
Don’t be pressured into making a hasty decision. This may be the most serious decision you have to make in your life for yourself and your child. You do not have to make a decision while you are pregnant or while you are in the hospital. You have many options and we are here to help. To speak with one of our experienced professionals, call our Pregnancy Helpline at 1-800-247-6365.
Birth Parent and Pregnancy Services are free, private and confidential.
I want to parent my child, but need support.
- We can refer you to community resources for medical care and information on financial and day care services.
- We can help you learn how to take care of your child.
- We can provide you with supportive services.
I want to place my child for adoption
- You can choose the adoptive parents for your child from our approved families, or you can ask us to choose an adoptive family, according to your wishes.
- You may be able to meet the adoptive family, if you choose to do so.
- You may be able to receive yearly progress letters and photographs from the adoptive family.
- You may be able to choose an adoptive family who you know.
- You can continue to receive counseling and supportive services, even after you make a decision.
I’m still unsure
If you’re just not sure, you can place your child in one of our loving temporary care homes while you work with a counselor to decide.
- You can visit your child while he or she is in a baby care home.
- Your child’s medical care will be provided free of charge.
- Your child will be provided with clothing and all of his or her needs free of charge.
- You will receive counseling and supportive services to help you make a permanent plan for your child and to help you with other problems you may be experiencing.
For more information, please open the Birth Parenting Counseling Brochure