CHSofNJ has over 100 years of expertise in adoption and since 1894 we have placed thousands of children with adoptive families. We are committed to working with birthparents of all backgrounds to help them to make a plan for the care of their child, and when that plan is adoption we work diligently to place the child with a permanent and loving adoptive family. We welcome adoptive families of all races, religions, ancestries, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, and genders, as long as at their core is their ability to love, care for, and support a child. CHSofNJ will offer our support and professional assistance from the application process through your adoption finalization. We believe that adoption is a lifelong process, and our services are designed to support families for the long term.
Our list of waiting families is now full. Applicants can join the wait list and will be contacted when the agency begins accepting applications for domestic adoption. There is a wait list fee of $100 which is non-refundable and will be applied to the application fee when the application is accepted. If you would like more information or are interested in applying, please review our Frequently Asked Questions below and complete our Online inquiry. Our adoption services are available to residents of New Jersey, Bucks County PA, and the area of Montgomery County PA that borders eastern Bucks County.
• Home Study Only Services are provided for families who are working with birth parents, attorneys, or another Licensed Non-Profit Adoption Agencies for the placement of a child. These services are being provided in compliance with all State, Federal, and Adoption Licensing statutes and regulations.
• Identified Adoption Services are provided to families who have been identified by the child’s birth parent(s) as his or her potential adoptive parents.
• Adoption Home Studies in Cooperation with the Interstate Compact forthe Placement of Childrenare provided to families adopting privately from another state. CHS of NJ follows and fulfills the requirement of the sending and receiving States and all State, Federal, and Adoption Licensing statutes and regulations.
• Adoption Complaint Investigations are provided when CHS of NJ has been ordered by the Court to do so. An ACI is ordered when there has been a petition for adoption by a person/family who has received a child through a non-agency placement, such as a stepparent, grandparent or other relative, or non-related person/family. A report, including the recommendation for the approval of the adoption, is prepared and submitted to the Court regarding the findings of the investigation. An Adoption Home Study is also conducted when required by State Adoption laws and Adoption Licensing regulations.
• Adoption Post-Placement Supervision Services of the child in the adoptive home are provided, according to State, Federal, and Adoption Licensing statutes and regulations, when requested by the Court (Next Friend Supervision), by the Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children, or by another licensed non-profit Adoption Agency.
• Criminal History/Child Abuse Clearances Only are referred through New Jersey County Surrogate Offices for step-parent and relative adoptions. When this request is made, the required documents are sent to the family. After the results are received an affidavit is written and sent to the requesting Surrogate’s Office.
• Adoption Placement Services is the placement of a child from CHSofNJ’s Birth Parent Counseling Program or its Infant Foster Care Program with a waiting adoptive family. The fee for this placement is 15% of the adoptive family’s last reported gross annual income with floor of $10,800.00 and a ceiling of $32,500.00.
Please visit our adoptive family profiles page by clicking the link below..read about some of the wonderful adoptive families from CHSofNJ. Who knows you could be next!